Mists Coronet Schedule
(Subject to change please listen for the heralds)
- 7pm to 9pm Lists Open
- 8am Lists reopen
- 9am Marshals’ meeting
- 9:15am Armor inspections
- 10am Lists close (this is firm)
- 10:15 Morning Court/Invocation for rapier and heavy. List to begin shortly afterwards
• -populace and fighters please attend
- Immediately following Invocation:
- The Mists Coronet Tournament will fought in Crucible format
- Mists Rapier Championship will be concurrent with the Mists Coronet List
- Rapier finals Before the Round-of-Eight begins
- Round-of-Eight begins after rapier finals
- Tournament of Roses runs concurrent with the Round-of-Eight
- Coronet finals, standard 2-out-of-3 between the top 2 from the Round-of-Eight, • immediately after Round-of-Eight completes
- 11am Needle workers
- 12noon Silver spoon competition
- 1pm A&S competition (please drop off your entries before 1pm)
- 2-4pm Kingdom Webminister, Karius Hutzelmann, at the public house Available for assistance, complaints, suggestions and questions concerning web things.
- Youth activities: none scheduled but come see Her Highness for some bubbles and pinwheels
- Approx 2pm Rapier finals Before Round-of-Eight begins
- Approx 2:30pm Dance
- Concurrent with Round-of-Eight Dance teaching & Dance competition (listen for the heralds calls)
- Approx 5pm Evening Court - 30 minutes after finals (listen for the heralds call)
- Approx 6pm Potluck dinner and entertainment on the list field after court
Approx 30 minutes or less if we setup quickly Bring a side dish to share plus your tables and chairs
- 10am Mists Management Meeting (open to all populace)
- Mists Financial Meeting (closed)
- 11:30am Court
Other important pieces of information
No fires or firepits, either wood or propane. Camp stoves are allowed. No smoking (including no vaporizers or e-cigarettes). No driving on the grass. Bring extra carts for unloading if you need it. Parking will be tight, so please carpool if possible. Dogs are allowed, but must be leashed at all times.
Mists Coronet Tournament: The Mists Coronet Tournament shall be fought in a Crucible Format The Coronet Crucible format will be as follows:
- The lists will close promptly at 10am, with Invocation shortly afterwards.
- No non-contenders. All fighters in the list must take the oath that they are prepared to reign.
- Standard West Kingdom armour conventions. All double-kills shall be refought.
- There shall be four fields, with a round robin fought on each field.
- The top two scores for each field shall meet in the round-of-eight, also a round robin.
- The top two scores from the round-of-eight shall meet in a standard, two-out-of-three finals.
Mists Rapier Championship: The Tournament for Mists Rapier Championship will be three rounds of Round Robin. Round 1 will be Single Sword, Round 2 will be Sword and Defensive Secondary, and Round 3 will be Sword and Offensive Secondary. The two people with the top scores will fight Best 2 out of 3 in the Finals. -From Herr Staffan Arffuidsson, Mists Rapier Champion
Arts & Sciences:
Please drop off your entries before 1pm and pick them up before evening court
- Practical Science - A savory dish. You will need written documentation for this competition.
- Technical Science - Headgear - any media/time/place. - Textile, metal, leather -- if you wear it on your head, it qualifies.
Silver Spoon: The Silver Spoon competition is "anything from the Opera of Bartolomeo Scappi." The time and location of the competition is TBD closer to the event.
Saltatoris Nebulorum: We'll be teaching Danse de Cleves for the Saltatoris Nebulorum at Mists Coronet. La Danse de Cleves is a stately 15th century dance from the courts of Burgundy. Competition will probably be near the fighting field, about around the time of the Round of 8.
Take the 680 freeway north or south to the Calaveras Blvd Exit and head east towards the hills. When it crosses Evans, it will become Calaveras Rd. Continue into the hills until you reach a fork in the road and continue to the left, towards the North. The site will be at the first area on the right, just before Sandy Wool Lake.
For more information, see the Ed Levin park map.