The Chronicler is the manager of the Kingdom Office of Communications. The Chronicler will supervise these deputies: Publication Manager, Social Media Manager, and Event Publicity Content Editor, and the Lesser office of Web Minister. The Chronicler may elect to personally fill a deputy post or the Lesser office of Web Minister, but must have other members executing the duties and responsibilities of the other three posts.
The Publications Manager is responsible for print media, including all official publications within the realm, regular publication of The Page as the newsletter of the Kingdom, publishing the current Laws of the Kingdom and the Principalities every five years in an Administrative Issue, and encouraging the publication of the results of research by any subject of the Kingdom.
The Event Publicity Content Editor and team will vet all event copy for official events held in the West Kingdom, assuring that required content is included and distributing the vetted copy to the Publication Manager, Social Media Manager, and Web Minister, or their local group counterparts, for dissemination to the communication outlets for the Kingdom.
- Creative Work Copywright Assignment / Grant of Use Form
- Creative Work Copywright Assignment / Grant of Use Form (PDF with fillable blanks)
- Model Release Form
- Model Release Form (PDF with fillable blanks)
- Photographer Release Form
- Photographer Release Form (PDF with fillable blanks)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your event date MUST be approved by the Kingdom Calendar Deputy BEFORE you submit event copy. (West Kingdom Calendar Policy)
- Date requests are to be made via the 2023 DATE REQUEST FORM.
- Coronets, Investitures, events where Crowns, Coronet or Landed Barons/Baronesses give awards or transact other business of lasting effect to the SCA must also appear.
- Any event sponsored by an official SCA branch and advertised to the members of that branch, either in The Page Newsletter or a branch newsletter, is covered by SCA insurance.
- Calendar deadline is the 15th of the month -- TWO MONTHS prior to your event.
How to Submit Event Copy:
Send ALL event copy as UNFORMATTED text within the body of an email to email@example.com. If you have changes to the event after The Page Newsletter deadline of the 10th of each month, please send them in and the communications team will make updates as necessary. Please use a subject line that pertains to what is being submitted, for example, “Event Name Copy” or “Prince/Princess of Principality Words.” (No attachments please) Event copy will be published for the month of the event and the month prior.
Checklist for submission of Event Copy (Please copy this into the body of your email and fill in the required information):
- Event Steward (only one) - Legal and SCA names
- Event Steward email
- Date - day, month, year
- Time - open and close
- Registration Amount - “Adult Event Registration: $(price of adult with no membership), Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $(price of adult with membership), Children (specify ages): $ , Family Cap: $ " PLEASE NOTE: *If your event has no site fee but you are taking donations (a donation only event), you cannot ask for a specific amount to be donated. Example wording: "Donations to help with event costs happily accepted."
- Name of sponsoring branch
- Location of site - building/park name, address, town
- Directions to site (no Google Maps links please)
- Event Copy - make it fun, make it interesting but keep it at 300 words or less please! Copy and paste into the body of the email. (No attachments please) As there is no limit on web copy, if you have something more to include, please notate in your email, so that copy will be edited for The Page Newsletter and full copy will be posted to the Kingdom website.
- Approval by Seneschal
*Please note: Event copy that does not contain all of the above WILL NOT be published in The Page Newsletter or on Kingdom Social Media Platforms.