The Social Media Manager and team will facilitate communications from the SCA, Inc. and other official channels to various social media platforms, including announcements and discussion pertaining to matters of import to the Kingdom, and will report to the Chronicler and Seneschal regarding the Kingdom’s social media presence. Through it's various social media platforms, the West Kingdom seeks to encourage its members and participants to use creativity and innovation in the use of social media by its entities to increase connectivity and participation, ensure that all content posted to official SCA social media channels by any officer or participant supports the achievement of the Society’s Mission, and its role as an international non-profit volunteer educational organization, ensure that all people engaging with, and on behalf of SCA Inc. through social media have a clear and common understanding of expected standards of behavior, and how they will be managed.
The Event Publicity Content Editor and team will vet all event copy for official events held in the West Kingdom, assuring that required content is included and distributing the vetted copy to the Publication Manager, Social Media Manager, and Web Minister, or their local group counterparts, for dissemination to the communication outlets for the Kingdom.
This West Kingdom official Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Tiktok account, Instagram account, Youtube account, and Twitter account are held and managed by the Social Media Officer of the West Kingdom and their Deputies, a branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and are considered the official presence of this group on social media platforms. Questions regarding content should be directed to Socialmedia@westkingdom.org.
West Kingdom Social Media Platform Guidelines
- We expect everyone to act with kindness and courtesy. We're all in this together to create a fun and welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness and courtesy are required.
- Additionally, we are here to make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- All external links shared not by the West Kingdom or it's representatives are not part of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. social media platforms. SCA, Inc. is not responsible for any content placed upon its platform pages, groups, and accounts by various social media platforms or their advertisers or partners.
- Photos and and artwork used are released in the public domain or another open release, and are used with permission.
- Please note that the West Kingdom RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY AND ALL CONTENT IT DEEMS INAPPROPRIATE FOR ITS PLATFORMS, including material that is offensive or vulgar, that which does not promote the mission and nature of the Society, and anything that violates Society policy.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. That reflects that we can't do this ourselves, but only by empowering people to build communities and bring people together. We utilize Facebook's community platform to quickly and directly share SCA and Kingdom announcements, and to build our community and encourage thoughful sharing and discussion through groups.
Facebook Event Policy: The Kingdom Social Media Team is responsible for creating all events on Facebook for the kingdom. If you are an event steward, please go to the Kingdom Chronicler Page and follow the instructions to submit your event copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have photo or video content you'd like to submit to the West Kingdom Facebook, please email email@example.com or message us on Facebook.
Instagram is a reflection of our diverse community of cultures, ages, and beliefs. Instagram continues to strive to be an authentic, open environment and safe place for inspiration and expression. We utilize Instagram to feature the amazing things our West Kingdom members are doing through photo and video content.
If you have photo or video content you'd like to submit to the West Kingdom Instagram, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Instagram.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video, and their mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. We utilize Tiktok to feature exciting video content for both members and non-members alike.
If you have video content you'd like to submit to the West Kingdom Tiktok, please email email@example.com or message us on Tiktok.
YouTube's mission is to give everyone a voice and show them the world through freedom of expression, freedom of information, freedom of opportunity, and freedom to belong. We utilize YouTube to feature full length livestreams, and instructional/informational videos.
If you have video content you'd like to submit to the West Kingdom Youtube, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter's mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly without barriers. We utilize Twitter to share Kingdom announcements and to encourage thoughtful discussion.
If you have photo or video content you'd like to submit to the West Kingdom Twitter, please email email@example.com, or message us on Twitter.